Green Sand Steel Casting Foundry
For larger sized steel castings, our green sand foundry plant provides the flexibility to choose the most appropriate and cost efficient manufacturing approach. A network of conveyors speed green sand molds and castings through production while two sets of squeezer lines and three sets of cope-and-drag lines contribute to significant lower cost per mold compare to other steel casting manufacturing processes.
Green Sand Steel Casting Advantages
- An extensive network of conveyors that speed green sand molds and castings through production, cutting, cleaning and inspection in all plants.
- Two squeezer lines and three sets of cope and drag lines, allows our green sand steel casting plant to have a remarkably low cost per mold!
- Our own computerized green sand coating facility, which ensures quality by allowing us to create the proper mix for each operation.
- Green sand reclamation and remulling are completely computerized to ensure a clean manufacturing environment.
- Heats in the green sand plant average 6500 pounds, and are poured from teapot ladles for cleaner steel castings.
- Both air set and shell cores can be used in the green sand molds for high volume production.
- Powerful environmental equipment captures smoke even in the pouring areas.